The Haines City Economic Development Council hopes to provide our partners and community with reliable updates and resources during this ever-changing situation. We extend our deepest gratitude to all those who are working to aid others and serve the community at this time to help contain COVID-19. Stay safe & healthy!
COVID-19 Business Community Support Survey
As Northeast Polk County responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Haines City Economic Development Council, Inc. would like your input to better understand our business community’s needs. With the knowledge we gain, we can better serve you with resources to help you move from crisis to recovery to renewal.
In these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to continue planning for the resiliency and for the future of our businesses – and you can help! With less than 10 minutes of your time, you can provide valuable input that will help guide and inform the projections and trends to come in our new norm.
Florida Reopening Plan:
Haines City Reopening Plan:
Florida Government Updates
- Message to the Community from Chairman Braswell (March 30, 2020)
- Senator Rick Scott’s efforts and resources to combat Coronavirus
- Governor Ron DeSantis Executive Orders
- Polk County COVID-19 Latest Updates
- Florida SERT COVID-19 Update (March 29, 2020)
- Florida SERT COVID-19 Update (March 26, 2020)
- Press Conference Presentation (April 22, 2020)
Resources for Businesses
- Polk CARES 2020: Information regarding Polk County’s CARES Act Financial Assistance
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Business Damage Assessment Survey
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program (For more information on recent changes or for a mail in version, click here)
- SBA Disaster Assistance – Loan Program
- Online Business Resource Center COVID-19 Business Resource Center offers a full list of resources and expert articles.
- Florida Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resources
- Keep Florida Growing / Agriculture Industry / Home – Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- COVID-19 Pandemic Scenarios & Benefits Available
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) FAQs
- Applying for Pandemic Unemployment Assitance (PUA)
- Screenshots for Screening Tool on FloridaJobs
- Pandemic Unemployment Assitance (PUA) Guide
- Reemployment Assistance
- Paper Reemployment Assistance Application
- Reemployment Assitance step-by-step Instructions
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
- Dashboard of Florida’s reemployment assistance claims county by county
Haines City Government Updates
Important Resources: Your top COVID-19 questions and concerns:
- If you have questions about COVID-19 or wonder if you should be tested, call the free AdventHealth Coronavirus Information Line at 877-VIRUS-HQ (877-847-8747). You can also find information at www.CoronaVirusSignsAndSymptoms.com.
- Donation Hub: For ways you can help, including sending notes of encouragement to our caregivers, as well as virtual volunteering opportunities, please click here.
- Mental Health – If you, your family, or colleagues, are in need of emotional help during this uncertain time, the Heart of Florida United Way 211 Information and Referral Crisis Line is connecting residents with information about available resources in the Central Florida community. Whether it’s finding out the location of the nearest food pantry or seeking information related to the virus, 211 Call Specialists are there to help.
- Video Visit Options – AdventHealth Video Visits are available now for primary care, pediatrics and specialty care, as well as physical therapy. In the comfort of your home, you can speak with a medical provider by a video visit or phone call.
Polk State College Updates
Polk State College has been proactive in moving its instruction and operations online and, as such, should not be noticeably affected by the safer-at-home order. Online instruction and remote student services will continue as they have since the College resumed instruction on March 30.
For further information visit polk.edu.
- Machine Operators (entry level) starting at $12/hr
- Paper Mill Utility (entry level) starting at $12/hr
- Forklift Driver starting at $12/hr
- Gatehouse Operator (entry level) starting at $12/hr
- Electrical and Instrumentation Technician pay for experience/skill
- Maintenance Mechanic pay for experience/skill
- IT Support Specialist – Level 2 pay for experience/skill
Watch last weeks The New Norm: Haines City Post Pandemic Small Business Webinar 5 https://youtu.be/ot0qTtOiBpg
Tomorrow a special meeting from City Commission of Haines City, FL will be held Tuesday, June 23 at 6 p.m.
Funds Still Available! You can now apply for the Polk Cares 2020 Grants even if you received PPP or EIDL loans. Apply today!
Currently enrolled students can register for fall classes now. Open enrollment for fall will begin on June 1.
Bartow, Fla. (May 18, 2020) — Beginning Tuesday, May 19, Polk County individuals and small business owners may apply online for financial assistance meant to provide relief to those affected by cutbacks and closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In late April, the...