Polk Cares 2020 NEW INFORMATION – Small Business Funding –
Funds Still Available! You can now apply for the Polk Cares 2020 Grants even if you received PPP or EIDL loans. Apply today! https://www.polk-county.net/ polk-cares-2020
Polk County has also increased the grant levels. Businesses that were previously approved or received a check at a prior grant funding amount will automatically receive a second check to make up for the difference.
Small businesses that can show they were impacted by COVID-19 include funding levels of:
- $2,000 for those who are self-employed
- $5,000 for businesses with 2 – 9 employees
- $10,000 for businesses with 10 – 25 employees.
Small business applicants must attest they:
- Were negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Have the authority to apply for this grant on behalf of the business
- Will use the grant funds for authorized business expenses only
- Will apply for a Polk County Business Tax Receipt if not registered with the Polk County Tax Collector
- Plan to resume normal operations after emergency guidelines are lifted
- Shall cooperate with Polk County or appropriate officials for grant auditing purposes
Required Business Documents
- Completed and signed W-9
- Valid state issued photo ID
- Copy of active state business registration from Florida Division of Corporations or a Polk County Business Tax Receipt or a city issued business tax receipt
- For businesses with 2 to 25 employees, W3 Summary or IRS Form 941 prior to Feb. 15, 2020
- Information to estimate your company’s average monthly business expenses before Feb. 15, 2020
Apply Today! https://www.polk-county.net/ polk-cares-2020
Funds will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis until the allocation is gone. The county has until Dec. 30, 2020 to use this grant. The allocated funds to both small businesses do not have to be paid back.